Employment is mission critical. Get it right and you have a shield – get it wrong and you hand over a sword
Managing contracts, compliance, policy, performance and change is ever more complex and time consuming. Disputes can be costly, unexpected, emotionally charged and publicly sensitive.
Lospa Lawyers handles cases in diverse areas of employment law for clients, including:
- Wrongful termination
- Sexual harassment
- Employment discrimination
- Health and safety
- Breach of employment contract
- Non-compete and non-solicitation enforcement and defense
- Negligent hiring or retention
In addition, we advise employers on effective strategies for mitigating the risk of costly litigation and assist the human resources department when difficult and sensitive matters arise.
When our clients are planning major organisational restructurings, we represent them at the negotiating table – for example in connection with:
- Outsourcing of work areas
- Acquisitions and sales of businesses
- Negotiations with unions and organisations
- Incentive schemes
As our competences cover a wide field, we are able to advise clients in all lines of business, including the pharmaceutical industry, the construction industry, the IT industry and the food industry– just to mention some of the various business sectors to which we provide services.
- assisted a textile manufacturing company in the take-over of personnel from another textile producing company in the framework of a legal reorganization by means of a transfer;
- advised a German pharmaceutical manufacturer with respect to setting up an internal regulation and a employment bargaining agreement, including communicating with the employees, employees’ representatives and labour authorities;
- successfully represented a former executive officer in relation to a dispute against a local subsidiary of a major international firm;
- advising an American listed multinational company concerning a consultancy versus employment contract for the recruitment of an executive;
- advised a German pharmaceutical manufacturer on large-scale redundancy and restructuring processes;
- contributed to revising and updating employment contracts and employee policies of a number of companies.