Investigations by the Territorial Labour Inspectorate (ITM) or Romanian General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations (IGSU) have the potential to cause huge cost and disruption to your business. Aside from the criminal consequences, including more recently custodial sentences, a prosecution may also have far reaching commercial effects which may impact on the company’s share price, insurability, ability to attract investment/ partners, product range and activities, employee morale and recruitment.
We provide strategic advice on risk management and regulatory compliance as well as providing a rapid response in the event of significant health and safety incidents causing serious injury and death, which give rise to the potential for large fines and criminal prosecution.
Our expert is experienced in preparing and reviewing health and safety policies, and she understands their importance and the necessity of proper risk assessment procedures.
We offer clients a before and after-the-event service, providing a one-stop-shop to deal with all your health and safety issues, such as:
- developing, implementing and enforcing workplace health and safety policies,
- establishing risk avoidance strategies
- compliance with applicable EU (Directive 89/391/EEC) and domestic regulations (Law No. 319/2006 regarding health and safety at work and Government Decision no. 300/2006 regarding minimum health and safety standards for temporary or mobile sites)
- dealing with regulatory investigations before Labour Inspection (RO – Inspecția Muncii), Territorial Labour Inspectorate (RO – ITM), Romanian General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations (RO – IGSU), including investigation of work accidents
- managing internal and external health and safety compliance audits
- legal representation before courts at all levels across Romania for alleged violations of health and safety regulation
We also provide targeted tailored training programs for clients and develop proper safety governance principles to protect their safety management systems.