In 2018 the most important compliance task for all employers is to understand and prepare for the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which come into effect on 25 May 2018. Whilst there has been too much hype and unhelpful information, the GDPR does introduce fundamental change and every business needs to comply with its obligations.
Our role at Lospa Lawyers is to simplify GDPR compliance and help you meet your new obligations in a way which is cost effective and commercially pragmatic. And we’ve got considerable experience in helping a wide range of organisations do just that, from global corporations and high street retailers to industry regulators.
We provide a wide range of data protection services which include:
- overseeing data audits to understand exactly what personal data you are processing and why – this is essential for creating accurate data protection records and privacy notices
- reviewing and drafting key data protection policies, procedures and precedents to ensure GDPR compliance such as: privacy notices; DPIAs; data breach procedures, subject access guidance etc.
- reviewing and varying data processing contracts to ensure they all include the required obligations and information
- providing an external Data Protection Officer (DPO) for your business or ongoing legal support for your DPO
- delivering training and workshops for boards and employees on the GDPR along with practical guidance on how it impacts your organisation
- overseeing the handling of subject access requests including document reviews and redactions
- data breach support including practical strategic advice and providing legal representation before the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing (RO – ANSPDCP)